Immigration Lawyer in South Florida

There has never been a greater demand for immigration lawyers. The federal immigration laws in the United States have become so complex that you need an experienced immigration lawyer with up-to-date knowledge of the latest changes and amendments to those laws. Professional legal representation is the best way to ensure you’ll get a fair chance at making it through the immigration process and creating a better life for you and your family.

Are you a permanent resident or citizen of the United States? Do you have a family member who is not a permanent resident or citizen of the United States, who would like to apply for a Green Card? If so, our team of family immigration lawyers can help your family unite in the United States with a family-based Green Card application.

Traditionally, immigration laws were designed to try and keep families together. The best way to do that is through a Green Card. Someone with permanent legal status has a much better chance of gaining permanent legal status if they have a family member in the United States who is already a permanent resident or citizen, whether that person is their spouse, sibling, child, or parent.

If your family member currently lives in another country, then you can file a family petition with the immigration court and request permission for them to come to the United States and live here permanently. It is a difficult application process, but that’s something we will work on for you. If your family member is already in the United States, then it’s somewhat easier to keep them here with a family petition.

When a United States citizen is engaged to marry a foreign national who is living in another country, a fiancé visa is needed to allow the foreigner to come to the United States and marry the citizen.

The specific fiancé visa is called a K-1 Nonimmigrant Visa. It gives the foreign national and their American sponsor approximately 90 days to get married from the date of the foreigner’s arrival in the United States. If the marriage does not take place within 90 days, the foreigner may be deported and be prevented from immigrating to the country in the future.

If the marriage does take place within the first 90 days, the next step is for the foreigner to apply for Legal Permanent Resident status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office.

All K-1 Nonimmigrant Visa applications go through an intensive examination by Immigration Services. To make sure your application is filled out correctly and that you’re following all the appropriate rules, it’s wise to have an immigration lawyer who can help you through the entire application process. This will help you avoid mistakes that could result in a denial of your application.

You don’t always need a visa to come to the United States. Sometimes a waiver may be granted under special circumstances. For instance, if you apply for a visa or Green Card and it is denied because of certain complications pertaining to your eligibility, then you may qualify for a waiver.

Your application may be found inadmissible because of various factors, such as security violations, a criminal history, poor health, or a false claim to be an American citizen. To overcome this obstacle, you need to hire one of our inadmissibility lawyers to assist you.

We’ll try to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility on your behalf. This is a document filed with the court which attempts to nullify the original inadmissibility ruling of your application. Sometimes mere circumstantial reasons can cause an inadmissibility ruling to occur. We’ll try to fight that ruling with evidence to get it overturned.

There is a reason why the United States is called the greatest country in the world. We are a country with religious freedom and freedom of speech. Unfortunately, millions of people around the world live in countries where they do not have these freedoms. These people would give anything to escape the persecution in their native land and come to the United States.

If you find yourself in this type of situation and wish to come to the United States, you can apply for asylum. However, the American government only allows a certain number of refugees to enter the United States each year. The American Congress and President decide how many refugees will be let into the country.

To be granted asylum, you must prove the persecution you’re facing in your country. The persecution must be in relation to a social group, a political opinion, or your nationality, religion or race. If you’re persecuted for any one of these reasons, you may qualify for asylum.

It’s a terrible feeling to be threatened with deportation after you’ve lived in the United States for a long time. If you’re a legal resident of the United States, then you have the right to stay in the country. However, if you’re not a legal resident, you still may be able to stay under certain circumstances.

For instance, if you have no criminal felonies on your record and you’ve been a good tax-paying contributor to society for over ten years, you have a very good chance of having your removal cancelled. You can also make a stronger case for the cancellation of removal if your parent, spouse, or child will face extremely hard times if you are deported.

Our removal proceedings lawyers are experienced at handling removal cases. If you’re being removed because of multiple immigration violations, criminal convictions, residency ineligibility, or visa overstays, we can give you the best defense possible as to why you should be allowed to stay in the United States.

Adjustment of status is a unique opportunity for non-residents of the United States to apply for legal permanent resident status if they are already living in the United States. You’ve probably heard with the term “Green Card.” This is the same thing as having permanent resident status.

In normal circumstances, a person living in another country must complete the traditional visa process and apply for a Green Card in their home country. Adjustment of Status allows someone who is already in the United States to apply for a Green Card. That way, they don’t have to return to their native country and finish the visa processing there.

In any case, our immigration lawyers can represent you in your journey to obtain a Green Card while living in the United States. If you and any of your family members are in another country, we can work on a procedure called “consular processing” to get you a Green Card to come to the United States.

Naturalization is when a foreigner goes through the process of becoming a U.S. citizen. Someone who is born in a different country or fails to receive American citizenship at the time of their birth will have to become naturalized if they want citizenship or permanent resident status. The two most common methods are a Green Card for citizenship and claiming asylum for permanent resident status.

Naturalization is the legal way to become a United States citizen. You’re required to live in the United States for a specified time period while obeying the laws and avoiding all legal trouble. Even if you have been doing these things, the naturalization process is long and difficult. It will require multiple hearings in an immigration courtroom with a judge.

You don’t want to deal with these hearings without adequate legal representation. Let our naturalization lawyers represent you through this difficult process. We are trained in the naturalization laws of the country and can give you the best defense possible in front of the immigration judge.

If you were admitted into the United States or have conditional permanent resident status because you’re marrying an American citizen, your status will expire after two years. There is no way to renew your conditional permanent resident status.

The only solution is to remove the conditions of your conditional permanent resident status so that you have permanent residency, without conditions. There are various ways you can be eligible for the removal of conditions. In most cases, you have to be married for over two years to a United States citizen.

If you two have had children together, you can apply for the removal of conditions on their permanent resident status, too. Sometimes a marriage ending in divorce can still make you eligible for removal of conditions if the marriage is deemed to have been legitimate and in good faith.

The removal of conditions laws can be confusing or complicated. One of our immigration lawyers who specializes in the removal of conditions can assist you with your case and help ensure you can stay in the country lawfully.

Foreign investors in American businesses may apply for legal permanent resident status under the EB-5 investor visa program. If they are found eligible for the program, then it could lead to their naturalization if all goes according to plan. The United States Customs and Immigration Services only accepts 10,000 investor visas per fiscal year. Since investor visas are less common, they never exceed this quota.

If you’re applying for an EB-5 investor visa, you must have a capital investment in a for-profit American company. The minimum investment acceptable is $1 million for new companies and $500,000 if the investment is in a part of the United States with high unemployment. The investment should be sufficient to create at least ten full-time jobs for American workers.

Does this sound like something you want to do, or have already done? If so, then you’re probably eligible for an investor visa. Contact one of our investor visa attorney to discuss what to do next with your application.

Employment visas are a popular way for foreign nationals to enter the United States. If you are a foreign national and want to work in the United States or already have a job lined up there, you may qualify for an employment visa. There are thousands of employment-based visa opportunities available in the country. You just have to know how to seek them out and apply accordingly.

Our employment visa lawyers can walk you through this process. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is looking for workers with specific skills and expertise. If you are a professional with university degrees and expertise in business, education, or science, you may qualify as a priority worker.

If you’re an unskilled worker or don’t have a college degree, you may still qualify for an employment visa. Your application just won’t be highly prioritized. Contact our employment visa lawyers for a free consultation and guidance in this situation.

If you want to become a permanent resident of the United States, you must apply for a Green Card. This is known as a permanent alien registration card. Once you receive a Green Card, it’s much easier for a foreign national to work and live in the United States.

The application process takes two years. If the application is approved, then a permanent residency visa will be issued. The visa expires after ten years, but can be renewed if the foreign national does not commit any crimes or break any major traffic laws.

Immigration Services is very selective when it issues Green Cards. The agency receive thousands of applications each year, but approves only a handful. If you want to increase the chances of your application getting approved, contact our Green Card attorneys and let them help you through this process. We can offer you a free consultation for your Green Card application case.

When a foreigner comes to the United States with a non-immigrant visa, they can remain in the country only temporarily. The three main non-immigrant visas are the tourist visa, student visa, and investor visa. Each visa carries an expiration date. Once that date has expired, the foreigner is expected to either renew the visa (if possible) or leave the country.

Any foreigner who willingly stays in the United States after their visa expires is committing an illegal act. There are consequences associated with this offense, most notably deportation. You can also face deportation if you violate any other immigration laws, such as by being convicted of a crime or working without a work permit.

Deportation does not happen overnight. There will be multiple immigration court hearings where you can argue why you should not be deported. For the strongest defense possible, you’ll want our deportation defense attorneys to represent you in court. We have years of experience in successfully stopping deportations before they occur. Perhaps we can do the same for you.

If you are in the United States unlawfully, you’re at risk of being detained by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, which is in charge of apprehending illegal immigrants in the United States. ICE upholds all federal laws pertaining to border control, international trade, and immigration.

Have you already been detained by ICE? If not, are you an illegal immigrant in the United States and are worried about ICE apprehending you? In either case, you need a skilled immigration and customs attorney to give you a confidential consultation for free. If you’re scared of being deported, our attorneys will advise you on the next steps you should take to avoid deportation.

You don’t want to end up getting arrested without an immigration attorney already on your side. Let us be there for you, whether or not you’ve been detained by ICE.

Have you already been deported from the United States? If so, it may be possible to reopen your immigration case. A motion to reopen a case regarding a deportation order requires you to contest the findings that led to the deportation order.

For instance, if you were deported because you received a felony conviction or had an expired visa, then you can fight to reopen the motion by contesting the deportation order. It won’t be as easy as it sounds, though, because you need to provide valid evidence and reasoning for why the deportation order should be reversed.

That’s where we come in. Our immigration lawyers have persuaded judges to grant motions to reopen deportation orders in the past. Just because you were deported, it doesn’t mean you can never return to the United States. Many illegal immigrants have managed to successfully get back into the country after fighting their deportation order. You can, too.

Student visas are used by foreign nationals who want to attend a college or university in the United States. These temporary visas are issued to international students only so they can receive higher education. Each student must enroll in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program and be accepted by a school certified by the program. You will be required to take 18 credit hours or more in college on a weekly basis. If you take fewer than 18 credit hours per week, you’ll have to apply for a visitor visa.

Our student visa lawyers are intimately acquainted with the student visa application process. We can process your paperwork and outline everything you must do to qualify for a student visa. Once the student visa is approved, it will be issued within 120 days from the start of the school semester. This will give you time to settle in and prepare for your classes.

Call Now Button